My Favorite YouTube Makeup Channels

December 04, 2017

I was simply a powder, blush, and lipstick girl before my sister gave me a serious bunch of makeup and tools. Of course, back then, I didn't know how to use those eye shadows, mascaras, eye liners... And then I relied on my internet bestie, Google, who led me to YouTube. There, in just one click, I met Sineady Cady of The Makeup Chair. I remember adoring her and watching one of her eye shadow tutorials over and over again. Then, voila! I was deeply into makeup and makeup artistry. Through the years, even after going to makeup school, I continuously educate myself through reading, practicing, and yep, YouTube.

Soon, as I learned about primers, highlighters, contours, and falsies, I expanded my list of beauty channel subscriptions. I do watch and subscribe to a lot of artists, but I realized that I am hooked to a bunch of YouTube beauty channels. And here are my favorites that I would recommend to all you beauty and makeup lovers! -- Links includbed ;) --

Just a note: What looks good on YouTube artists may not look good on you, or us. Remember, we all have different face or eye shapes. But the tricks, tips and ideas are worth your YouTube time! These are not arranged according to how I like them. They have different styles, and having a vast array of mentors makes you learn a vast of amazing beauty stuff!

1. Lisa Eldridge 
An A-list makeup artist who has worked with the likes of Keira Knightley, Emma Watson, and Kate Winslet to name a few. Recently, she proudly announced that she is Lancôme's new Creative Director. With her laudable credentials as a makeup artist, you know you're in good, credible hands. Her videos are rich and packed with info and essential makeup tips, straight from the mouth of a pro! I love how she creates fresh and classy makeup looks. She uses mostly high-end brands though, and some are not readily available here in the Philippines. I especially enjoy her lectures on makeup history and tutorials on how she did different celebrities' looks.


My first YouTube teacher. Her pretty face is a great canvas to begin with. Her Irish accent got me hooked. She's your girl-next-door type with an endearing personality. If you are a beginner or a pro, you'll love her! She creates really beautiful looks, from simple to party makeup. Plus, the way she explains everything makes a complex makeup look so easy to follow. She's the one who introduced me to brands like Sleek, Sigma, Rimmel... Those brand names that were strangers to me before. She tosses some hair tutorials in some of her videos.
Yep! Spell R-E-A-L T-E-C-H-N-I-Q-U-E-S! If you love their brushes, you'll love them more. Sisters Nic and Sam Chapman bring you fabulous makeup looks (from celebrity looks to Halloween makeup) plus professional tips and tricks, mostly using their brushes, of course. Took me quite a while to connect Real Techniques brand with these two beautiful people. I was seriously awed and inspired.

Who says only women can do makeup tutorials? A male makeup artist who could teach you unconventional ways to do your makeup, Wayne Goss is an artist to be taken seriously. I think his signature wink is his lucky charm. His videos are usually not about full makeup tutorials. He focuses on tips and tricks that would arouse your curiosity and would make you want to try them after watching. He also has a line of makeup brushes.

Image result for ana victorino
Sounds Filipino? She is Filipino. I was amused when she was mistaken for a 12 year old in one of the comments in her channel. If you are looking for tutorials that use familiar brands here in the Philippines, then she's the one for you. I appreciate finding a channel that caters to Filipino audience. She does sophisticated and glam looks and she's outstanding in video editing!

Snappy, sexy, and candidly amusing. She's my latest favorite vlogger. In a year, this gorgeous wife got almost a million subscribers. Her tutorials are easy to follow.I find some of her routines quite different from the others, but they are amazingly effective and they give beautiful results. She looks so much like Kim Kardashian, especially in one of her smokey eye tutorials. ;)

So there! Head on to YouTube and find your favorites. There's just too many of them. Eyebrow tutorial? Contouring? How to clean your brushes? Name it, it's all there!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pageviews